Please join your friends on our fall cruise to Catalina! We have the Corsair Cove in Emerald bay reserved for our club, so it will be a great opportunity to enjoy the best Catalina has to offer. We will holding this event in conjunction with the Blue Water Regatta. Click here for more info on the Blue Water Regatta.
This cove offers moorings, and our own private beach with restrooms, hot showers, electricity, grills, and picnic area. We have the cove reserved for Friday Sept. 11 through Sunday Sept. 13 midday.
The Boy Scouts have offered us rentals for some of their facilities and water toys. If you would like to rent a cabin, or a kayak or other water toy, please contact Larry Furiani by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone (714) 920-8083. Scroll down for what is available to rent.
Here’s the agenda for the weekend:
Friday Sept. 11
Saturday Sept. 12
- Breakfast and lunch on your own
- Corsair beach area open for our club to hang out and enjoy at your leisure
- 6:00PM Beach BBQ
- ALYC will provide grilling supplies
- Members and guests bring your own food to grill
- Due to COVID restrictions, we cannot do the potluck this year and you will need to bring your own side items and beverage
Sunday Sept. 13
- Corsair beach area available to us till 12:00 noon
- Coordinate with members for other water or land activities
- Depart for home ports on your schedule
The ALYC Blue Water Regatta will run in coordination with our cruise, and will end and begin again at Emerald Bay. More details to follow to all registered attendees. Please register now so we know you’re coming!
Amenities Available to Rent
All rentals will require the signing of a waiver. You can download it here.
Contact email@example.com for assistance with booking rentals.
Equipment: $40/half day or $100/half day for parent/kid combo up to five people
- Mountain bikes (must wear provided helmet, 8 available at a time)
- Stand Up Paddleboards (must wear provided lifejacket)
- Kayaks (must wear provided lifejacket)
Housing: The attached .pdf has pictures of the cabins available.
- Charthouse & Lighthouse - $500 for the weekend
- Bunk cabins - $200 for the weekend (must use bathroom/shower facilities at corsair)
Internet: Speeds are generally up to 35Mbps
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org with payment info and I will send them a voucher they can use to connect. Each voucher is good for one device. To access the internet you will need to connect to the network that says “guest”. Your device should automatically redirect you to a page where you can enter your voucher code. If it doesn’t, try opening a browser and navigating to a website and that should redirect you. The signal will be excellent at the club facility picnic tables and pretty good on moorings between F1 - F20. If you purchase a package and the signal is not strong enough for you have reliable internet we are happy to issue a refund.
- $15/1 day pass
- $25/3 day pass
- $40/ 1 week pass
- $75 to be allowed to tie up dinghy for the weekend
- Pickup and drop offs ok
- We have 2 larger moorings that would fit 65’ vessels if needed, $100/night
- 10lb bags - $10
- Cooler full - $25
- Frozen blocks on request - $10
- Anyone staying in camp or using camp equipment must sign a release of liability waiver (copy attached)
- Musk wear a mask on the camp property when outside of the cabin
- Housing is based on family units
- No amenities - must use the facilities at the yacht club (unless you are in the charthouse/lighthouse as they have bathrooms in the units)
- We ask that anyone going for a hike transits to the west end road through the dry stream bed on the side of camp or up the stairs from the Corsair Facility. This is for the safety/comfort of our remaining residents
Payment methods for rentals order of preference:
- Check (made out to WLACC). Western Los Angeles County Council, 16525 Sherman Way, Unit C-8, Van Nuys, CA 91406
- Paypal to email@example.com
- Venmo to firstname.lastname@example.org