CURRENTLY SOLD OUT!
1st ANNUAL AMERICAN LEGION YACHT CLUB NEWPORT HARBOR CHALLENGE
Saturday November 7, 2020
Winners to be announced virtually at 3pm via Facebook Live via @ReelWarriorsFoundation and shared via @TheALYC
4# Test Max for CROAKER – CORBINA – HALIBUT – BASS (Spotfin & Yellowfin Croaker Only – Bass: Kelp, Sand & Spotted)
This is a Grand Slam event and anglers top 3 fish will be weighed for total. (Combined species)
GRAND SLAM AWARD -‐ Shimano Talica 12 paired with a Calstar Graphfighter Rod ($800.00 Value)
2nd Place -‐ Diawa Tackle Bag and more ($200.00 Value)
3rd Place -‐ 1-‐day Paddle board session and more. ($100.00 Value)
16 and under Prizes
GRAND SLAM AWARD -‐ Diawa Tackle Bag and more ($200.00 Value)
2nd Place -‐ 1 day Paddle board session and more.($100.00 Value) 3rd Place – Tackle Gift Certificate. ($50.00 Value)
$30.00 per Adult $20.00 per 16 and under
Entries must be received by October 30th
LIMITED TO THE FIRST 50 ANGLERS
Please note the tournament will be held rain or shine – sorry no refunds!
Lines in 6:00 a.m. Saturday November 7th
Lines out 12:00 p.m. Saturday November 7th
Fish must be weighed before 2:00 p.m. Saturday November 7th @ American Legion Marina, LIMITED
NO LIVE BAIT
- 4# test line only. All fishing line will be tested at weighing of fish.
- IGFA rules apply with the following exceptions: Maximum 4’ leader allowed for Croaker and Corbina only. All other Species 15’ leader. No treble hooks with bait.
- All anglers must have a current and valid California fishing license.
- Fishing in Newport Bay only (straight line between the jetties). No fishing inland from Pacific Coast Highway Bridge.
- Minimum Requirements: Bass must be 14” minimum; Halibut 23” minimum; Croaker and Corbina weight min. 1 lb.
- Courtesy Rule: Angler hooked up has the right of way in water. Please cooperate or you will be disqualified.
- In case of a tie, first weighed fish will be the winner.
- Please monitor Tournament Channel VHF 72.
- Obey all Right-‐of Way rules, harbor regulations & boating laws, do not impede or interfere with normal flow of boat traffic.
- Any protests shall be subject to decision of the Tournament Committee, and all Committee decisions are final.
Please make every effort to keep your catch alive.
The Committee will post the largest catch weights on a board facing the bay.
Please release non-‐qualifying catches, awards to 1st to 3rd place only.
There will be a transfer net at the Marina, do not hand carry fish up the ramp.
Fellow Anglers: Please note the tournament will be held rain or shine – sorry no refunds! Good luck to all and have fun!
Your Entry Fee includes the, entrance to this tournament, Sponsor grab bag worth over $100.00 You must weigh in fish to win, but grab bags can be picked up at the marina day of tournament. We will be short of parking at the marina, but drive through weigh ins are accepted.
Please inform Parking Concierge of your intent to weigh your fish.
RELEASE OF LIABILITY *
In exchange for participation in the activity of a fishing tournament, organized by the American Legion Yacht Club, The American Legion and Reel Warriors Foundation and/or use of the property, facilities and services of ALYC, I agree for myself and (if applicable) for the members of my family and/or friends, to the following:
1. I agree to observe and obey all posted rules and warnings, and further agree to follow any oral instructions or directions given by the ALYC, or the employees, representatives, or agents of the ALYC.
2.I recognize that there are certain inherent risks associated with the above described activity and I assume full responsibility for personal injury to myself, and (if applicable) my family members and friends, and further release and discharge the ALYC for injury, loss or damage arising out of my or my family’s and/or friend’s use of or presence upon the facilities of the ALYC, whether caused by the fault of myself, my family and/or friends or other third parties.
3.I agree to indemnify and defend the ALYC against all claims, causes of action, damages, judgments, costs or expenses, including attorney fees and other litigation costs, which may in any way arise from my or my family’s and/or friend’s use of or presence upon the facilities of the ALYC. 4. I agree to pay for all damages to the facilities of the ALYC caused by me or my family and/or friends negligent, reckless or willful actions.
5. Any legal or equitable claim that may arise from participation in the above shall be resolved under California law.
I HAVE READ THIS DOCUMENT AND UNDERSTAND IT. I FURTHER UNDERSTAND THAT BY CLICKING THE CHECKBOX DURING THE REGISTRATION PROCESS, I VOLUNTARILY SURRENDER CERTAIN LEGAL RIGHTS. (please check yes or no during registration)